Odors can cause great discomfort in the house and around your pet’s litter box. Luckily, there are air fresheners that can help us get rid of the unwanted smell. Below are some of the best air fresheners for cats that we would recommend.
1. Rocco & Roxie Supply Professional Strength Stain and Odor Eliminator
This freshener gets rid of stains, odors, and residue. It contains natural enzymatic bacteria that gets active on contact with odor and stains and it feeds on Ammonia and other organic material.
- Contains active enzymatic bacteria that help get rid of organic materials
- It is safe to use around children
2. Hamilton Beach TrueAir Room Odor Eliminator
This is a long term solution to odors in the house or workspace. It pulls in odor, traps it and neutralizes the smell using three replaceable carbon filters and releases fresh air. You can also increase its efficiency by adjusting the settings. It works for three months and has a filter replacement indicator to notify you when it’s time to change them.
- It has carbon filters to clean odor in the house
- Carbon filters last for up to 3 months
3. Smells Begone Odor Eliminator Gel Beads – Air Freshener
This air freshener is made into beads made of high quality essential oil-based fragrance. The fragrance is non-toxic and non-allergic. The beads leave a pleasant fragrance as they neutralize and eliminate odor for up to 90 days.
- The beads are safe around children
- They are non-toxic and non-allergic
Related: 10 Best Anti-Scratch Spray for Cats
4. Marsheepy 12 Pack Bamboo Charcoal Air Purifying Bags
This is one of the best air fresheners for cats made from natural ingredients which are activated bamboo charcoal. They work by absorbing and getting rid odor to clean and freshen the air throughout the day. You can hang them around the house and basements. Additionally, you can reuse for up to 2 years.
You only need to expose it to sunlight once per month to rejuvenate its power. Just remember to first put it in direct sunlight for 6-8 hours before using it.
- Works continuously for 2 years
- It is absolutely safe around other animals and pets
- It doesn’t cause any allergy reactions
5. Fresh Wave Odor Removing Gel Refill
This is one of the best air freshener for cats that works by absorbing and neutralizing strong odors. You just have to place the gel where the odor is strongest. It is formulated with plant-based ingredients such as pine needles, lime, clove, anise, and cedar wood. It is non-toxic, non-GMO, and non-hazardous. Additionally, this air freshener has no harsh chemicals nor synthetic perfumes.
- It is safe for humans and pets
- Formulated with natural ingredients
6. Zero Odor Multi-Purpose Household Odor Eliminator
This air freshener doesn’t mask any odor but instead gets rid of the odor permanently. It can be used around the kitchen, living room, basements, and even bathroom. It is completely non-toxic, non-allergenic, and biodegradable.
- The air freshener is biodegradable
- Doesn’t mask odor but gets rid of it completely.
7. OdoBan Ready-to-Use 32 oz Spray
This air freshener is a multipurpose since it eliminates unwanted odors, cleans, disinfects, sanitizes, and deodorizes the household surfaces leaving them with a lavender scent. Can be used on cat’s bedding and litter boxes.
- Has multiple uses apart from eliminating odor smells
Related: 10 Best Wet Food for Cats
8. Air Wick Plug-In Scented Oil Starter Kit
This is one of the best air fresheners for cats that can last up to 270 days giving your home a long-lasting good smell. You can place it at whatever place in the house provided there is a socket installed, especially where your cat does its business frequently.
It is fitted with natural oils that burn up giving the required good scent in the house. It can also be adjusted to 5 different fragrance settings.
- Made with natural oils that give your room a long-lasting scent
- Has 5 different adjustable fragrance settings to fit your preference
9. Germ Guardian Pluggable Air Purifier & Sanitizer
This is an air cleaner that is fitted with UV-C light. The UV light helps reduce airborne germs hence reducing household odors caused by bacteria from pet waste and smoke. The air freshener does not use a filter, which means you do not have to worry about replacing the filter every year. However, the UV-C light has to be replaced after 10-12 months.
- It is fitted with UV-C light that helps kill bacteria that cause odor
- Can be used at every part of the house provided there is a power source
10. HOKEKI Air Purifier for Large Room with Air Quality Auto Sensor
This is one of the best air filters fitted with a unique AQ interface designed to sense the quality of air and display it using colored coded indicators. It is advisable to change the filters every 4230 hours (roughly 6 months). This air freshener also filters smoke, dust, odor and pet dander.
- It is has an AQ interface to detect the quality of air around the house
- You can use it in large rooms and still function nicely
Choosing one of the best air fresheners for cats will ensure allow them to enjoy fresh air, good scent, and the rest of the family won’t feel uncomfortable at all.