Ensuring your cat has healthy, strong joints is always a priority as it keeps them happy, playful, and full of life. However, sometimes you might be forced to use supplements, and being able to identify the most suitable is key. Below we highlight some of the best joint supplements for cats and why you should consider one of them.
1. Nodens Cat Hip and Joint Glucosamine for Cats
This is one of the best selling joint supplements recommended by vets. It is made with Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Hyaluronic acid, and Opti-MSM that educes inflammations and degenerative joint disease in senior cats.
The supplement also helps to protect your cat from further cartilage breakdown. It is fast-acting, and your cat will be able to run and walk within a week. It has a beef flavor, which makes it taste good and cats love it.
- Helps prevent further cartilage breakdown
- It is fast-acting and takes actin within a week
2. VetriScience Laboratories Glyco-Flex II Bite-Sized Cat Chews
This joint supplement has been in the market for more than 30 years. It is ideal for cats that show signs of joint discomfort and loss of mobility.
Its key ingredient is real chicken liver. It is formulated with ingredients that help build cartilages, support synovial fluid build-up, and manage inflammations.
- It helps in cartilage formation and synovial fluid build-up
3. GNC Pets Ultra Mega Supplements for Cats, Cat Supplements for Hip and Joint, Skin and Coat
This is one of the best joint supplements for cats containing the right amount of vitamins and mineral salts to support your cat’s overall health. It is made into soft chewable, which is easy to chew for all cats, including kittens and older cats.
- It is easy to administer
- Does not contain any added preservatives or flavors
Related: 7 Best Foods for Cats With Sensitive Stomachs
4. Paramount Pet Health 100% Natural Glucosamine for Cats
The Paramount Pet Health 100% Natural Glucosamine for Cats is ideal for those cats that are limping and takes effect within a week. It is made with high-quality ingredients and doesn’t have any bad-tasting chemicals.
This joint supplement mixes easily with daily meals, making it easy for your cat to take it even without noticing any changes.
- Does not have any after taste
- It can be mixed with other daily meals
- It works within a week
5. NaturVet – VitaPet Senior Daily Vitamins For Cats Plus Glucosamine
This joint supplement is made into soft chewable edibles that taste like treats to make them likable to every cat. It is one of the best joint supplements for cats and is ideal for senior cats over 12 weeks old.
The supplement provides extra joint support and joint health to enable your cat to walk normally. It has more than 8 essential vitamins and mineral salts to make sure your cat has a healthy life.
- It tastes like treats to entice your pet into taking it
6. All Natural Paws Pet Hemp Seed Oil for Cats & Dogs
This is one of the best joint supplements for cats and dogs of all sizes and ages. Its main ingredient is hemp seeds without the harmful psychoactive compound of cannabis.
The supplement also contains cod liver oil rich in fatty acids that help reduce inflammations. The supplement also promotes shiny soft skin.
- Good for both cats and dogs
7. Feel Happy Hemp Oil for Dogs & Cats, Pets
This joint supplement is rich in Omega-3, 6 & 9 and vitamin A & D. It also contains hemp oil that boosts the cat’s immune system. The supplement supports healthy skin and coat and helps reduce pain, stiffness, and swelling in joints. It also helps reduce anxiety and stress.
- It is rich in Omega-3, 6 & 9 which are essential for a healthy cat
- Contain hemp oil that boosts the cat’s immune system
Related: Top 8 Best Cat Strollers You Should Buy
Choosing one of these best joint supplements for cats will ensure your cat have healthy, strong joints and hips. This boosts their playful nature and you will worry less about having to visit your vet, which can be costly.