Keeping your cat healthy is one of the most important duties as a pet owner. However, as cats grow older, their dietary needs and the foods they can eat change. This compels you to be flexible and ensure they get the right food to keep them strong and healthy. Below we highlight some of the best cat foods for older cats and why you should consider a few of them.
1. Hill’s Science Diet Dry Cat Food For Older Cats
This chicken flavored food is ideal for cats 11 years old and above. It contains Amino acids and Vitamin C and E to help boost the cat’s immune system. The food boosts joint, kidney, heart, and eye health. It also contains fiber to improve your cat’s digestion and does not have any artificial flavors or preservatives.
- Boosts the cat’s immunity and joint health
- Reduces hairball formation in cats
2. Iams Proactive Health Healthy Senior Dry Cat Food
The Iams Proactive Health Healthy Senior Dry Cat Food is formulated with very high-quality protein to maintain the cat’s healthy muscles. The food also helps to boost the cat’s immune system. It has amino acids and fiber to maintain a healthy digestive system and L-Carnitine to maintain a healthy weight for your cats.
- Does not contain andy artificial flavors
- Helps to maintain healthy muscles for your cat
3. Blue Buffalo Healthy Aging Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Mature Dry Cat Food
This is one of the best cat foods for older cats that is carefully blended with antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins to make sure your feline pet has a healthy life. It also contains Chondroitin and Glucosamine to help your cat with joint problems.
The kibbles in it also have natural ingredients with balanced carbohydrates from carrots, sweet potatoes, parsley, and cranberries. The food is ideal for cats with tooth problems, and warm water can be added to it to suit the cat’s needs.
- It is suitable for cats with tooth problems
- Does not have any artificial ingredients nor preservatives
- Also helps in joint health
Related: 7 Best Joint Supplements for Cats
4. Hartz Delectables Bisque Senior 10+ Tuna & Chicken Lickable Cat Treat
From its name, the food is formulated with a blend of tuna and chicken. It can be supplemented with other cat foods to give it the crunchy taste. It contains Vitamin E & B has no wheat, corn, vegetables, or whole grain. This cat food is also good for cats with dental problems.
- Ideal for cats with dental problems
5. Wellness Complete Health Chicken & Deboned Chicken Grain-Free Senior Dry Cat Food
This cat food contains Glucosamine and Chondroitin to help the cat’s joints healthy. It also contains vitamins and mineral salts to improve its immune system. Additionally, the food has no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
- It is made with natural ingredients such as rice
- Does not have any artificial preservatives or flavors
6. Canidae Grain-Free PURE Meadow Senior Cat Food
It is formulated with quality ingredients to reduce the risk of food allergies and sensitivities. The food is ideal for senior cats with fewer energy needs and a more sensitive digestive system. It contains essential amino acids from chicken fats.
- Contains natural ingredients with no artificial preservatives and flavors
7. Merrick Purrfect Bistro Healthy Senior Recipe Cat Food
With the key ingredient being deboned chicken, this cat food is ideal for cats 7 years old and above. It is rich Omega fatty acids that maintain healthy skin and fur and fiber to control hairball formation. The food also has no added preservatives nor flavors.
- It is rich in vitamins, probiotics, and mineral salts to maintain a healthy and proper immune system
Ensuring your old cat gets the right vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients is key to keeping them healthy and stronger for longer. The best cat foods for older cats we have highlighted above are ideal to keep them in good health.